No other ELN solution offers all of the capabilities of CERF ELN!
CERF has a powerful, proven feature set
- CERF is the Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) built for scientists, by scientists. We’ve listened carefully to what our customers have told us over the years, and the result is the most comprehensive and flexible ELN on the market.
- CERF is more than just an Lab Notebook. It can also be used as a full-featured Enterprise Content Management (ECM) or Scientific Content / Document / Resource / Research Management System (also variously referred to as SDMS, DMS, EDMS, ERMS, CMS, ECMS or any one of several other acronyms that really just mean “a safe, secure, searchable, collaborative and well-organized place to keep your stuff that helps you meet due-diligence, research and business goals.”)
- It can replace or be combined with other more expensive LIMS, LIS, file sharing and sample management systems to provide a total data management solution for your lab. It supports automated data capture from instruments and off site partners, and its powerful semantic search engine helps you find any version of any resource quickly and efficiently.
Flexible, robust software architecture
- CERF ELN was designed from the ground up to be a true, enterprise-class Lab Notebook and data management solution . It can be deployed in a variety of ways that suit the needs and existing policies of your organization.
- All data files stored in a secure file store in their native format
- Your choice of My SQL, MS SQL or Oracle for the database backend
- Automatic metadata extraction and best-in-industry semantic search engine
- Easy one click export of data and metadata as .XML or human readable files
- True cross platform flexibility and more secure than any browser based system
Fully compliant, without the effort
- CERF ELN meets 21 CFR Part 11, GLP and ISO regulatory requirements. Automatic audit trails, digital signatures, role-based access controls let researchers focus on their work, while protecting your IP.
- CERF gives you total control of your data and system. You decide when to update. You decide what to do with your data.
- CERF does not “call home” and can be run in a sealed environment, so you can be sure that nobody, not even the US government, is browsing your data.
- CERF uses feature-rich client applications to access and work with your data, not a browser. This is highly desirable in regulated environments where it is becoming difficult to control browser updates that break your validation and almost impossible to prevent browser users from inviting malware in to your system by visiting infected web sites.
Data and application agnostic
- Import any type of data using keyboard, voice dictation, drag-n-drop, or email into your notebook. Launch your favorite applications from within CERF’s ELN (e.g. Work, Excel) while taking advantage of our version control, audit trails and secure collaboration. Files are housed in a secure filestore, not “blobbed” into a database, so CERF can accept any digital object in any format from any source.
Fast to implement and easy to use
- Avoid the time and expense of complex, client-server deployments, but don’t settle for basic point solutions. CERF delivers fast-time-to-value, high scalability, strong IP protection and ease of use, delivering the best of both worlds.
Cross platform, desktop and mobile
- CERF ELN is a true cross-platform solution, with support for Mac OSX, Windows, and a native app for Apple’s iPad.
- CERF ELN isn’t just easy-to-use. We’ve made it easy for researchers to handle many tasks that require IT support on other products. Easily create new notebooks, manage groups for sharing, initiate and track signing, even reset passwords without IT involvement.
Who are our clients?
- Our clients include researchers at the world’s leading academic, corporate and pharmaceutical research organizations. Examples include a major global food conglomerate, multiple government labs and one of the largest petrochemical companies in the world. CERF is also used by a number of businesses that work in the regulated biomedical or healthcare sectors but do not actually perform bench science. CERF is flexible enough that it can be used by almost any business that simply wants good governance and a secure collaborative home for its documents and data. If your business is looking for a secure on-site document and data manager, read about the advantages of CERF here.
“From my vantage point as an industry leader responsible for Electronic Lab Notebook market engineering for 20 years, the CERF informatics framework provides several unique capabilities to scientific organizations. These are security, powerful search, and simplicity for users…”
Director of R&D and Informatics